We want you to be able to enjoy the hotel facilities whilst being able to join others when you want to, so the leisure programme will have activities we hope for everyone. The activities planned are as follows:
- Golf remains at the heart of the Gleneagles experience and many members of the year have said that it is one of the reasons they want to come to the hotel. We are in the process of checking available tee-times for the weekend. Once we know the times available those who express an interest when booking will be contacted. The outline plan is for a golf tournament, the nature of which is still to be determined. Elliot Chisholm (someone described him as ‘a bit of a bandit’ on the golf course!) has volunteered to organise this part of the reunion. Hotel residents will benefit from reduced green fees which is an added bonus for those staying at the resort.
- Walking has been a really popular group activity at previous reunions. At Gleneagles there are already a range of walks available through the 850 acres of the estate. Part of the welcome package has a map to follow for additional walking. Our plan is to organise two or three walks, depending on demand, of varying length and time. All of the walks will plan to finish for lunch at the same location as the other activities. Tricia Donald (who has completed the Munros) will help with the walk planning and we would welcome volunteer walk leaders.
- Tennis has been played at Gleneagles since it opened in the 1920’s. There are five long-standing outdoor courts and there are now four state-of-the-art indoor courts in the Gleneagles Arena. In a similar way to the golf we hope to organise a tennis tournament for those who would like to take part. No confirmation yet of Andy Murray turning up to help, so we hope a year member will step forward and help organise this part of the day.
- Cycling is easily arranged from Gleneagles. There are Condor bicycles to hire with Garmin navigation. There are fantastic cycling routes in the nearby countryside. We believe that there may be several ‘mamils’ in the year who may want to bring their own kit. Dermot McKeown is happy to organise a group or groups of cyclists with again a plan to finish with lunch at the same venue as the other activity groups.
- Fitness classes are part of the complimentary programme at Gleneagles for residents. Classes are available on a first come, first served basis so please turn up early to secure your place. There is a Zumba class taking place on Saturday morning, 10.00 – 11.00, and a Yoga class on Sunday morning, 11.30 – 12.30 which might appeal. To view the full class timetable please click HERE.
Event Programme - NEW
Walking - New